The Port Alberni Association for Community Living (PAACL) advocates with and for persons with diverse abilities to have choices and to live inclusively in the community.
We engage the community in including people with diverse abilities for the benefit of everyone.
Values The following values are the backbone of the work that PAACL does:
- Person-centered: Participants and their needs are the primary focus of PAACL programs and services
- Inclusive: Each individual’s unique qualities are valued at PAACL; we actively create and maintain an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Accessible: PAACL is responsible for eliminating barriers to support by ensuring that all programs and services are accessible to all
- Respectful: Board members, employees, and self-advocates behave in a manner that reflects the dignity and potential of all human beings
- Safe and Supportive: All PAACL sites are safe, supportive, and caring environments for participants, staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Collaborative: PAACL works in partnership with agencies, stakeholders, and funders to meet the needs of the individuals that we serve