The Infant Development Program serves infants from ages 0 to 3 who are at risk for any type of developmental delay. Infant Development Program (IDP) Consultants have a broad range of experience working with infants and families and an educational level of licensed early childhood educator or higher. They receive on-going training regarding child development and issues related to Early Intervention.
An IDP Consultant's role is to journey with you over the first three years of your child's life and to promote and enhance your child's development.
IDP Consultants work with the family. IDP provides a variety of supports:
- Home visits to encourage your child's progress through play based activities;
- Assistance for you to connect with other community resources;
- Certified Infant Massage parent eductors;
- We provide a weekly Parent and Tot playgroup;
- Provide you with information about typical versus atypical development;
- Administer screening tools to determine your child's strengths and needs;
- We can make referrals to Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language, Dieticians and other professionals if required;
- We have a Certified Mother Goose Workshop Facilitator;
- We can attend local medical appointments with you if required;
- We can coordinate and facilitate team meetings with other providers and parents.
Most interactions occur in your family home, but we can meet wherever you are most comfortable.
An IDP Consultants goal is to work with the family to provide supports where requested.
Referrals are welcome from all sources, including parents and caregivers.
For more information about the Infant Development Program, call:
• Lorna Neuwirth at 778-421-4404 option 1 or
• Angela Schomberg at 778-421-4404 option 2